Events & Workshops
- Sat, Apr 20Lighthouse Writers IncWith the help of some fun theater games, in this workshop you’ll get to experience what it’s like to BE that character, SEE the world through their eyes, and FEEL what’s it’s like to be inside someone else’s brain. Join us for an afternoon of exploring characters from the inside out.
- Mon, Jul 09Lighthouse Writers IncUsing the tools of improv, this fun and interactive workshop will get you out of your head and into your body. You'll leave with more confidence and new skills to help you cut through blocks both social and literary, with fresh perspective on your writing, too.
- Thu, Jun 14Lighthouse Writers IncThrough examples, discussion, and writing exercises, you’ll define and refine your supporting cast with compelling choices that will powerfully reveal your protagonist and help you create a memorable and kickass character arc.
- Wed, Jun 13Lighthouse Writers IncIn this class, we’ll discuss what makes YA exciting and timeless, examine some of the best YA voices today, and explore exercises that will tap you into the brains and hearts of teens to create voices and stories that will resonate with readers young and old(ish).
- Sun, Apr 22BookBarBookBar is hosting the Colorado Book Awards! Come April 22nd from 4:30 to 6 p.m. to hear from the finalists in Juvenile Literature and Young Adult Literature! They'll have sangria drink specials just for attendees!
3/9 -Shine Summit for Girls - Women in Publishing Panel
11:45am-12:20pm @ Denver First Church
SHINE is a day of inspiration and motivation for middle and high school girls. I'll be on a panel along with a few other female authors of young adult books. The conference is all day, starting at 8am, and the publishing panel starts at 11:45am.
Have a tween or teen who might be interested?: GET TICKETS HERE!
2/10 -Love Your Local Author - 1-3pm @ Estes Valley LIbrary
I'm excited to participate in the Love Your Local Author Festival with ten other Colorado authors. "The Estes Valley Library celebrates the work of authors throughout the Estes Valley on Saturday, February 10, 1-3PM at the library.
12/8 - Author Panel - 6pm @BookBar
Three authors of contemporary young adult books will answer questions and sign books. With Sara Jade Alan, Lisa Brown Roberts, and Cindi Madsen.
11/17 - Teen Comedy Contest for a Cause!
The event was a great success with over 50 performers, 100+ audience members, and over $650 raised to benefit the Sarcoma Foundation of America. Read the article about the night HERE.
10/1 - Book Launch Party - 6pm @BookBar
Thank you so much to everyone who came out for my book launch party! It was such a fun night.